Cleaning your oven is undoubtedly the worst household chore. To help make this chore a little less dreadful for you, I am going to tell you about the best oven cleaner around. Baking Soda and vinegar are the two main ingredients involved in the DIY method. These will combat grease and dirt found in your oven. After not getting great results from on the shelf products I had no choice but to try this, and it worked!
- Set aside all trays and racks.
- In a small bowl you are going to create a paste. Start this by mixing a 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water. Roughly around 3 or 4 just until you get a thick enough consistency.
- Next, spread the paste all over the interior surfaces of your oven, you must steer clear of the heating elements. Gloves are often essential for this job so you can get into the nooks and crannies. Try to coat the whole of the oven especially in the greasiest areas.
- Let the baking soda mixture to rest overnight or for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, you can clean your oven racks.
- 12 hours later, take a damp cloth and wipe out the dried baking soda paste. Use a plastic or silicone spatula if you need help scraping off the paste.
- Put a little vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz where you can see baking soda residue. The vinegar is used because it reacts with the baking soda and it will gently foam.
- One last wipe down, using your damp cloth wipe the remaining foamy mixture. You may want to repeat until all the baking soda residue is gone. Add more water or vinegar to your cloth as needed while wiping to really get the oven clean and shiny.
- Place oven racks back and you are finished!