Dishes still wet when they come out of the dishwasher
- Make sure you load the dishes and crockery in the correct way so that the water can run off them freely.
- Use a rinse aid such as Finish Jet Dry® to the rinse aid dispenser to get dryer dishes. Recommended #1 by dishwasher brands worldwide.
- If this doesn’t work it could possibly mean that there is a faulty heating element. You would need to call an engineer. Call Premier Electrics on 0800 592107.
General poor cleaning from your dishwasher
- Try to avoid using low quality detergent and detergent that is old or damp.
- Put the right dose of detergent as recommended.
- Allow the water to circulate by loading your dishes properly.
- It could be a build-up of limescale and grease which is effecting the cleaning, try a dishwasher cleaner to see if it improves your washes.
Food around filter
- Remove the filter and clean it.
- Scrape all food off your dishes/plates before loading them.
- Use the normal and auto wash cycle.
- For people in hard water areas, get a hard water detergent booster to avoid limescale.
- If your glasses have white streaks on them it could mean surface corrosion.
- Avoid this by using low temperature.
Faded patterns on plates
- Use a detergent with an anti-corrosion protector in.
- Run low temperature cycles, or if it says it is not dishwasher safe wash items by hand.
Detergent residues at end of cycle
- Check door of dosing chamber is not blocked by bulky dishes or large utensils.
- A damp dosing chamber can cause tablets and powder to stick.
Spots, drops marks, and smears on glasses
- Correctly load dishes to enable water runs off freely.
- Regularly add a high quality rinse aid dispenser.
- If you can Determine your local water hardness the you can adjust the machine setting.
- Could be due to traces of washing up liquid on dishes. Pre-washing is not necessary.
- Rinse aid spilled during refilling, or rinse aid chamber could be leaking.
- A lot of protein-based food left on dishes such as egg and milk.
Orange staining on plastics
- Possibly caused by red coloured sauce in the wash such as spaghetti sauce.
- Make sure to Scrape all food before loading.
- Bleach back to original color by placing in strong sunlight.
- There’s a possibility the drain hose is kinked meaning the water cannot run properly into the machine. Make sure that a portion of the drain hose is at least 0.5m above the dishwasher’s enclosure floor.
- Avoid the filter system clogging by cleaning regularly (e.g once a week).
- The kitchen sink drain could be blocked and it may be a good idea to ask a plumbing service to remove the blockage for you.
- Food that is stuck in the build up or if there is a dirty filter often creates an odor.
- Try using a high quality dishwasher cleaner.