Thai Curries may seem like they are difficult to make but really aren’t as hard as they seem and In this recipe I will show you how. For this recipe there is only a matter of simple steps to follow in order to achieve this beautiful dish.
- Mae Ploy Green Thai Curry Paste – Bought from a local International food shop. You can definitely find a paste in supermarket’s such as Sainsbury’s or Tesco
- King Prawns – Small or Large and you will need around 175g to 300g depending on how many people you are serving.
- Coconut Milk
- Onions – Chopped
- Red and Green Peppers – Chopped
- Coconut, Chilli and Lemongrass Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice – Takes 2 minutes in microwave and can be bought from all Supermarkets in a variety of different flavours
- Natural Yoghurt – For Garnish
- Firstly, Chop up your Onions, Peppers and Coriander. Once you have done this, heat a pan with some oil and cook the onions until soft.
- Once the Onions are soft, add the peppers and cook them until soft.
- Add the Coconut milk and let it warm for a couple of minutes.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of the Curry Paste and use a fork or spoon to help the paste disperse as it is quite thick. Leave for a few minutes to fully disperse and bring all the flavours out. The Green Thai Paste is quite spicy as it is packed with spices, Garlic and lots of flavour, therefore there is no need to add Chilli but if you prefer your food really spicy adding some is perfectly fine.
- Once your sauce has become a bit more thicker (It’s not meant to be very thick) add your Prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place your packet of rice with the top of the packet cut off into the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add your coriander for a minute then serve it up with the Rice. You don’t have to place Natural Yoghurt on your curry but for me I think it tastes great and makes it less spicy for me.
This dish is perfect for when you don’t have much food in the house, for the children and even for a special occasion because people will think you have taken a long time to make it when in actual fact it is very quick and simple. Another brilliant thing about this dish is that it is good for you meaning there is no guilt to eating it!
We hope you like, enjoy!